Sample petition (pdf file)
This file is an example of what I’m talking about, an initiative petition that is the right size for anyone with a popular home printer to become part of the initiative process. I created the file with Open Office (an open source office suite, an alternative to Microsoft Office) and can be viewed with Adobe Reader.
This is a work in progress. If you have any suggestions, just let me know. Thanks.
Notes and Updates
- I moved the type font on the actual initiative text (the actual law that is to be changed) to the lowest Open Office will allow so I could fit all of the text onto the back of one 8.5×11 page.
- I get by the fact that you can’t fit everything required onto a standard size page by adding a watermark (page 1 of 3) for example. Maybe I should add a warning, something like “Do not sign unless you can be provided all 3 pages.”
- Since a the signature gatherers are now required to sign the petitions, and I couldn’t fit that piece onto the first page, I should have a line for the petitioners to initial as well.
- I’m not sure if the watermark shows up on every printer, so maybe if you’re interested, print it out, tell me how it goes and what kind of printer you have. The more historic, the better.
- I added another watermark that points out that no one should try to collect signatures with this sample petition.